The Overseas Coordination Committee (OCC) in collaboration with the Overseas Chapters of ICAP Members in Australia and Qatar, and Contact Persons of ICAP in KSA organized “President’s Virtual Connect” with ICAP Members based in these respective jurisdictions. President ICAP, Mr. Khalilullah Shaikh and Chairman OCC, Mr. Ashfaq Yousuf Tola addressed the audience and apprised them about the developments, initiatives and projects that have been taken up by the Council for the betterment of the Institute and its membership.
The sessions comprised of a brief presentation by Mr. Ashfaq Yousuf Tola in which major highlights of the OCC from the past and the initiatives taken by the OCC during its current term (2019-2020) were apprised such as update on ICAP Dubai office, collaborating with International accountancy Institutes/Bodies for the benefit of ICAP Members and students, recent webinars held by the OCC and various other initiatives taken to benefit the overseas fraternity.
President ICAP apprised the members about the initiatives and projects taken up by the Council for the betterment of the Institute and how these initiatives were planned while keeping in view the requirements and prospects of this profession in years to come. Below are some major areas which Mr. Khalilullah Shaikh addressed during his speech;
- Major changes being proposed in the New CA Ordinance and the extensive efforts and due process being followed.
- Substantial work being done by the Governance Task force to review overall governance and organizational structure.
- IT Improvements: Implementation of SAP; Creating a Paperless Environment; ICAP’s Mobile App Development; Introducing Online Examinations
- The development of the New Education Scheme (2021) keeping in view the requirements and skills in demand in future and expectations from the members.
- Shared the efforts being done by the Institute for collaboration with other professional accounting bodies for the benefit of ICAP members and students
- Recognition of ICAP Members & Students: Arrangement with Northampton University (UK)
- Apprised about engagement with HEC for bringing flexibility in the framework of higher education to facilitate members and students who wish to pursue higher education at local universities.
- Launch of I-Thrive, ICAP’s flagship Entrepreneurial Support Platform (ESP)
- Establishment of a Research Unit in collaboration with IBA
- Extending ICAP’s reach in Baluchistan to provide opportunities to talented students
Highlights from the session with ICAP Member in Australia
The session was held on September 26, 2020 and was moderated by Mr. Muhammad Kamran and Mr. Farrukh Ansar Khan, Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Australia Chapter of ICAP Members respectively.
Following the President’s address, the Managing Committee (MC) of Australia Chapter as well as the members shared some important and constructive questions relating to the I-Thrive program, reciprocal arrangement with CPA Australia, gaining CPD hours for overseas members and various other areas.
Highlights from the session with ICAP Member in Qatar
The session was held on September 26, 2020 and was moderated by Mr. Shafiq Ur Rehman and Ms. Fatima Nadeem, Chairman and Head of Financial Affairs of the Qatar Chapter of ICAP Members respectively.
Following the President’s address, the members shared questions relating to the launch of ICAP’s first incubation center, conducting exams for ICAP students in Qatar, easy access and opportunities to gain CPD hours for overseas members. The members also shared some valuable suggestions with President ICAP such as strategy to promote ICAP members for vacancies in Qatar as it prepares to host the 2022 FIFA World Cup, facilitate part qualified students for training opportunities in Qatar etc.
Highlights from the session with ICAP Member in KSA
The session was held on October 17, 2020 and was moderated by Mr. Shahid Mahmood and Mr. Syed Ali Haider Rizvi, Contact Persons of ICAP in KSA.
Following the President’s address, the members shared some constructive questions relating to conducting exams for ICAP students in KSA, job placements, reciprocal arrangements with other institutes, and the possibility for ICAP students to do their article ship overseas. Mr. Shaikh also highlighted the importance to have female representation in the profession. He encouraged female members, especially those who are looking for new opportunities, to participate in ICAP exam checking, assist in designing the new education scheme, participate in the upcoming Women Entrepreneurship Program which is designed specifically for such female members who are looking to re-enter the professional world after a career break.
The participants were delighted and deeply appreciated the ICAP team for taking initiative of holding focused sessions for ICAP members. The participants also expressed their sincere gratitude to President ICAP for sharing the insights and requested that such sessions should be held regularly. The sessions concluded with a vote of thanks.