- What information we collect and how we collect it
- Who will have access to the information
- Other websites
- How to contact us
The information we collect and how we use it
We collect your contact details, personal details, employment details, educational details, membership information and medical information. We gather data to provide better services to our users – from fundamental to complex things.
We will not collect or use your personal information unless it is lawful for us to do so. We collect and use your personal information for:
- Processing and assessing student, membership, enrolments and renewals.
- Fulfilling our role as a professional body, including maintaining candidate, membership and related records
- Communicating to members on matters relevant to the Chartered Accountants Program, membership, accreditation or specialization and any other programs
- Job opportunities with us
- Monitoring, moderating and improving our site
- Conducting, managing and reporting on quality assurance reviews and audits
- Providing and managing scholarships and other charitable assistance, including providing information to our foundation and benevolent funds.
In addition, we may ask you to complete surveys, questionnaires or post comments on the website from time to time. These will always be voluntary, but we may extract information from them to personalize the website and to target the relevant users. We will ask you for your email address if you want us to contact you in this regard, to receive email update information and newsletters, or if you wish to pay online. You can delete or change your email address at any time or unsubscribe to particular types of email.
Moreover, the website gives you the opportunity to change your preferences about receiving conventional postal mails. To change preferences, login and select your name account from the top horizontal menu. If you have a web chat conversation, we will record a copy of that conversation and hold it against the membership number/student number/other identification id you used to log in to this website. We will use selective or all of the personal information we collect about you to build up a profile of your use of the website and its facilities. We will store this information under your name on the ICAP’s system.
Who will have access to the information?
We do not use your personal information or disclose it to another organization unless:
- It is reasonably necessary for us to do so
- Having regard to the nature of the information, we believe you would expect us to use the information or make the disclosure
- We have reason to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to our functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in, and we believe that the collection, use or disclosure is necessary in order for us to take appropriate action
- You have provided your consent
We might disclose your personal information to:
- Any of our related and associated companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, including those established in the future
- Any person to whom we are, in our belief in good faith, under an obligation to make disclosure as required by any applicable law
- Government agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators
- Our auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers or other financial or professional advisers
How to contact us
ICAP House: Chartered Accountants Avenue Clifton Block 8, Karachi
UAN: 111 000 422
You can contact us on the below mentioned email addresses or you can chat with us so we can resolve your query.