|Qualifying Round||Computer based MCQs||December 13, 2018|
|Assessment & Simulation Round||Assessment & Case Study Simulation||December 18, 2018|
|Grand Finale||Part A: Debate Round Part B: Buzzer Round||December 20, 2018|
Qualifying round will have the following four sections with an aggregate maximum score of 100.
- Basic Accounting Concepts
- Advanced Accounting Application
- Business Financial Management
- Compliance and Governance
Each section will comprise of 13 questions on the following pattern:
|No||Testing pattern||No. of questions||Marks per questions||Total score|
|1||Selecting the right answer||4||1||4|
|2||Selecting the most/least relevant answer||6||2||12|
|3||One descriptive scenario||3||3||9|
The 3-hour Qualifying Round will be conducted simultaneously in Karachi and Lahore for teams participating in Pakistan and Jeddah* and Dubai* for Overseas Members.
The Qualifying Teams from Round One will advance to Assessment & Simulation Round scheduled on December 18, 2018.
Assessment and Simulation Round
This Round will be conducted by Karachi School of Business and Leadership (KSBL) in Karachi and Lahore simultaneously.
Participants will find themselves making business decisions simulating to reflect real-life experiences. They will be judged on different metrics of financial performance and leadership traits.
- KSBL facilitator will take the teams through the Simulation including a debriefing session.
- The case study simulation will be selected from the depository of any of the leading international business school.
- The simulation will be software based, where the teams will play as a single unit.
Based on the score of Assessment & Simulation Round, top 6 teams will advance to Grand Finale.
Part A: Debate Round
- Two teams will debate for and against on a single topic which would be intimated after the Assessment & Simulation Round.
- Each team will be required to present the topic for maximum six minutes followed by a two-minute rebuttal.
- Maximum score for Part A will be 40 marks.
- Debate will be evaluated based on the following criteria by ICAP nominated panel of judges as well as the audience.
|1||Organization and comprehension of the topic||1 – 10|
|2||Persuasiveness and rebuttal||1 – 10|
|3||Use of visual aid and delivery style||1 – 10|
|4||Additional scoring by audience||1 – 10|
Part B: Fast-Paced Buzzer Round
- An ICAP nominated facilitator/adjudicator will conduct this round.
- A total of 20 questions of 5 marks each will be asked.
- The team which presses the buzzer first will answer the question. The said team will have a maximum of 15 seconds to respond and lock the selected answer.
- Negative marking will apply as per rules.
The team scoring the highest aggregate marks in both parts of Grand Finale will be declared
National Finance Champion 2018!